norbertsmom tagged me and asked me these questions….
1. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
I guess that depends on your definition of ‘scary.’ I’m terrified of flying, for example, so getting on any plane is pretty scary. But then sometimes I look back on some pretty stupid things I did as a kid, and I think how scary it *could* have been. Like I remember once going out to a nightclub when we were 16. We’d been loads of times before, this one time we went in separately, but this time I didn’t get in, and so instead of going home because I’d lied to my parents about where I was, I wandered the streets on my own until 2 o’clock in the morning, until my mates came out. This was before everyone had mobile phones, and my mates thought I was inside, so yeah… looking back that’s pretty scary. Then there’s the fact that my actual job is scaring people so….. yeah. Take your pick!
2. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Probably making our EP. I’m so unbelievably proud of how it sounds!
3. What do you do for fun?
Make music with my mates. Watch cartoons and play computer games with the husband. Bake cupcakes :D
4. What were you like in high school?
Such a good girl. I never had a single detention, never got into trouble, and got straight As for everything :)
5. What is your favorite joke?
I don’t really have a favourite joke. But if you watch Spaced, Father Ted, League of Gentlemen, IT Crowd, Brass Eye, The Day Today, Bottom etc etc, you’ll understand what I find funny ;)
6. If you could learn one random skill, what would it be?
It would be musical again - I’d love to be able to play cello. That would be schweet.
7 What is the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
I’m not much of a prankster to be honest :\
8. If you could go back into history, who would you like to meet?
John Lennon. Without a doubt. He’s my absolute hero. In fact, could I go back to Hamburg in 1961, and meet all the Beatles then? I’d like to include George Harrison on there too!
9. What is your lucky number?
I don’t really have one. I’ll say 11:21. Not really my lucky number, but I do always look at the clock every single day at 11:21. It makes me think I’m in the X-files :\
10. What is your favorite word?
Helmet. No further explanation needed.
So, my questions are
1. Which fictional world would you most like to live in?
2. Would you choose to have gills or wings? (And if you choose gills, you can still breathe on land too, just so you know!)
3. What one single book (not a series - evil, I know!) would you want if you were stuck on a desert island?
4. Favourite movie of all time?
5. Earliest memory?
6. Would you rather have no knees or no elbows?
7. What one wish would you make? (And no asking for more wishes!)
8. Summer or winter?
9. If I gave you a dice, and told you that rolling a 2,3,4 or 5 would do nothing, rolling a 1 would result in eternal world peace, and rolling a 6 would wipe the planet out of existance, would you risk rolling it?
10. Cake or cookie?
And I’m happy for anyone to answer, but I’m specifically tagging sponsormusings, alysanemormont, lin-gua-phile, baronesskika, xthegirlwithkaleidoscopeeyesx, burlesonspride, ripplesfromawaterlily, bohemianrider, ordinaryryder and yourpeetaisshowing
BAM! Go forth and answer my weird enquiries!
HI! Just wanted to pop by and tell you... I finally read Thaw and thought is really cute!! Awkward British Peeta was just adorable. :D And Katniss being surly and clueless... spot on. Thanks for sharing it!!!!
Thank you so much! I was pretty proud of that story, if I’m honest. And well, awkward British Peeta is pretty much what I do best, lol. At least, he’s certainly always Engish in my stories, and is usually pretty awkward too! But I’m thrilled to bits that you enjoyed it, so thank you once again :D xx
vegans have so much self control omg
It takes as much self control to be vegan as it does to not stomp on a kitten.
Slight difference between stomping on a kitten and devouring a tub of chocolate ice cream though…
End result of both actions are….
Stomping on the kitten - the kitten dies.
Eating dairy ice cream - you pay for a cow to be repeatedly forcibly impregnated, her calf to be ripped from her at birth, killed immediately or turned into veal if male, and the cow to be killed at around age 5 when her tired body gives out.
So, when you look at it that way, stomping on a kitten causes less suffering than eating the ice cream. Especially when vegan versions of everything exist, and ice cream is one of the easiest to find!
You are not a bad person for getting abortion, it doesn’t matter if:
- you were assaulted
- your birth control failed
- you weren’t on birth control at all
- there is a medical issue
- you don’t want children
- you already have children and can’t handle another
- you aren’t ready
- you don’t want to be pregnant
You are never a bad person for needing an abortion. There is nothing wrong with you. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
You are not alone.
Jackfruit- found in Asian grocery stores. Buy in brine, not syrup. Low in calories. Makes a great pulled pork substitute, chuck it in a slow cooker.
Oh yeah and I’ve just realised it’s been a year since I published my first piece of HG fanfiction. So, there’s that achievement too. Bam!
I just sent the first draft of both chapter 9 of TCoH, and of the March chapter of AYitL off to Court.
How many achievement points does that get me?